Shawn started his career as a consultant for home food service, and then moved into home improvement marketing. He spent the next 10 years in newspaper advertising for The Morning call and a marketing consultant for Verizon’s Yellow pages. He started a career in radio advertising in 2012 and also has several online certifications for marketing and online advertising. .
Shawn has two children, Logan 5 and Emma is 3. His wife’s name is Tara and they live in the great farm town of Germansville. Shawn loves to ATV ride, fish, hike and work around the house. He is committed to his family and stays involved in the community.
What do you?
- Listen to: 70 & 80’s music, Classic and 90’s rock
- Watch: Steelers, Nascar, Chef Ramsey, and new movies
- Read: Sports Illustrated
- Love: My family, faith and the ability to wake up every morning
- Dislike: Rejection, driving in icy conditions, sand at the beach, computer problems, and whoever is playing the Yankees.
- Fear: Spiders and snakes
- Have the fondest childhood memories of:spending summers at Lake Wallenpaupak with my grandparents and my green machine.
We asked Shawn...
How did you get into radio? I started as a marketing consultant for 93.5 WSBG, ESPN Radio, 107.1 WWYY, and 99.9 The Hawk in April 2012.
What is your guilty pleasure? Mike & Ike’s, Hot Wings, pizza and sunshine.
Have you ever been to jail? Yes, as a young man I thought parking tickets did not need paid and they took me in for a few hours. (I paid nearly 6X the amount!! Lesson learned!)
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you take with you? My family, bottled water and a helicopter.
If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be? Jesus… wouldn’t that be interesting
If you were going to be on a reality TV show (real or fake) what would it be? Fishing with Shawn.
If you had a "real job" what would it be? Hitting the lottery.
What's waiting for you when you get home? Two happy kids, a dog, 6 cats and my lovely wife.