Music has always been a staple in her life. Her parents and relatives would always have music playing, whether it is Rock & Roll or Country, and her grandmother would play musicals and soundtracks. Not much has changed since then, but her music taste has grown and became a variety cluster. She was in Marching Band, Concert Band, Orchestra, Percussion Ensemble, and so forth from Middle School to College. She always knew she wanted to work in the Music Industry however she could. She found herself at 90.3 WESS while she was a sophomore at ESU and radio stuck with her. She's the happiest when she is in the middle of a crowd at a concert, where nothing outside those venue walls matter. Besides Music, she loves to do photography and to dabble in some art.
What Do You?
- Listen To: A mess of genres, from rock to alternative to country to EDM. But put on something by The Maine and I'm good for life.
- Watch: 49ers Football Game, Teen Wolf, Shameless, Conan, Skins, Ocean's 11-13, Gilmore Girls, Marvel anything, The Covenant, The Family Stone.
- Read: Harry Potter, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lang Leav, The Maze Runner Series, The Shining, Alternative Press each month.
- Like: Hair Dye, Photography, Bass beats, new music, Bracelets, Sushi, Coffee, Broadway, anything mint, Thunderstorms, Concert Festivals, dogs, when the music cuts and the entire crowd sings the song.
- Dislike: Birds, Seattle Seahawks, and liars.
- Fear: The unknown.
- Have the fondest childhood memories of: Spending every weekend at our cabin.
We asked Kara...
How did you get into radio? Accidentally. Went to ESU for Digital Media Technology, but always found myself hanging out at the radio station, 90.3 WESS, not in my major. Best thing I've ever been a part of and changed my entire life.
What is your guilty pleasure? Thin Mint Coffee Creamer.
Have you ever been to jail? No.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you take with you? My Camera, IPod, and a Lighter.
If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be? John O'Callaghan.
If you were going to be on a reality TV show (real or fake) what would it be? If I could sing at all, The Voice. Actually...I just want to chill with the Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
If you had a "real job" what would it be? This is it. If you aren't enjoying what you're doing in life, why do you do it? .
What's waiting for you when you get home? My bed, my computer, and always laundry to do.