Employers in the communications field need more than words on paper! We need a tangible product to evaluate a potential employee's ability. Penn's Peak Radio provides experience by implementing the concepts students learn in college. Our "on the job" experience is not offered by any other company. Although our students are not paid, the knowledge and experience the acquire is priceless!
Penn's Peak Radio offers a limited number of unpaid internships to students who have completed at least one year of college. We offer both credit and non-credit internships at our studios, at the Penn's Peak venue in Jim Thorpe. Internships are awarded to the strongest candidates after an interview process. Please plan ahead and apply early!
Some notes about our internships...
- All internships at Penn's Peak Radio are unpaid.
- No intern will work in any on-air capacity.
- We accept credit and non-credit interns.
- All Interviews are conducted at our studio at 325 Maury Road, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229. (all interns also work at this location)
- Internships hours are weekdays only - a shift is 9:30am - 5pm (interns may work as little as two or as many as 5 days a week depending on college requirements and availability)
- Interns are required to successfully complete a background check and drug testing prior to beginning any internship with Penn's Peak Radio
Internship schedules generally run as follows:
|Summer||May - August||interviews begin in March|
|Fall||September - December||interviews begin in June|
|Spring||January - April||Interviews begin in October|
We promise a great hands-on experience.
All interns have the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to become a annouceer, copy writer, traffic director, copy/imaging producer or music director. Interns become working members of the Penn's Peak Radio team.
- Writing copy for client's marketing packages.
- Take Part and bring ideas to the monthly meetings.
- Produce marketing/promotional materials.
- Update music library.
- Operating on - air/traffic computer programs.
- help with merchandise as mailers or for events.
How to apply:
- Request, fill out and return a application.
- Send a letter of request with your resume, mp3 voice track, and intern schedule request.